Walk to Fight Arthritis
• 4200 Malden Rd. Windsor ON
The Walk to Fight Arthritis is Canada's leading fundraising event dedicated to empowering the 4.6 million Canadians whose lives are affected by arthritis to live well at home, work and play. The 7th annual Walk takes place in over 30 communities across Canada on Sunday, June 5, 2016. The Arthritis Society's signature event unites families, friends and organizations in a fundraising effort to support research, education, local programs and personalized assistance and in its six-year history has raised nearly $8 million.
This community event is for all ages and abilities! Be sure to come early and stay after the Walk to join in the fun, including:
- 1k or 5k walking options! Are you a runner? The 5k Fun Run returns by popular demand!
- Kids Zone: Our friends at the John McGivney Children's Centre will be onsite keep the kids active while our face painters caters for all requests!
- Stiff and achy? Receive a FREE massage before or after the Walk (provided by Canadian College RMT program)
- Grab your passport at registration and travel along Arthritis Avenue. Meet a variety of vendors for your chance to WIN!
- Dance the day away with a live DJ at the start/finish line!
- Dont forget to get your team photo taken at the photo booth
- Enjoy delicious frozen yogurt from Menchie's
- DAVIDsTEA will be on site providing FREE teas all day!
- Pets get arthritis too! Don't forget to bring your 4-legged friend to our Doggie Walk for a donation and enjoy treats and prizes!
- Plenty of prizes for top teams and individual fundraisers along with best dressed individuals and teams (spirit counts! Costumes and uniforms are encouraged!)
4200 Malden Rd. Windsor ON